Southcare runs its Christmas appeal each year for gifts, food and money so that people and families in need and hardship may share in the joy of Christmas.
Our Christmas Appeal starts in October of each year, however you can donate anytime within the year. Local schools, organisations and members of the public collect non-perishable food items and Christmas fare which volunteers make into hampers at Christmas time. These are given to those members of the community who Southcare have identified through our work assisting people in need. The Lions Club also donates cakes to our Appeal.
Southcare also works with UnitingCare through its Operation Santa program. When you are next in the area. please consider purchasing a small gift or gift voucher for Operation Santa and leaving it under the tree at the entrance of the Target store. We appreciate your generosity. For many children and teenagers this gift is the only one they receive at Christmas.
If you would like to donate gifts and hampers to our Christmas appeal, please bring items to our Reception at 54 Bickley Crescent, Manning during our opening hours of: 8.30 am – 4.00 pm Monday – Friday; or make a financial donation for the purchase of a gift or hamper which we will be able to supply through our low cost grocery store and other suppliers. Due to our duty of care we do ask that food items are not past their use-by date and that toys and other gifts are new.
How you can help
Please contact Vicki Morrell using the form below, or call us on 9450 6233 if you:
- Can help with making up hampers at Christmas time
- Can help with collecting cans and items from schools and clubs
- Can help with sorting gifts collected from Target
- Have items to donate but cannot get them to Southcare
- Would like to make a financial donation to our Christmas Appeal
- Have a business or association and can put up a Christmas Appeal Poster and act as a collection point