We continue to learn with COVID-19 that life is full of constant change and, as the saying goes, if you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!
Our rainbow takes the form of us being well-equipped to deal with the news today regarding a new positive case and the State Government’s announcement of our return to Phase 1 restrictions.
I wanted to once again confirm Southcare’s position moving forward. These changes are in effect from 12.01pm Sunday 27 June to 12.01pm Thursday 1 July 2021, pending no other announcements.
While our COVID-19 Response Plan remains firmly in place, we have re-activated parts of it and what that means is:
- Southcare in-home services will continue to be provided.
- All Southcarers have masks and will be using these when providing services, in public, in transit and in the office.
- Most office-based staff will work from home and volunteer services are temporarily on hold.
- Southcarers continue to screen all customers before entering homes and will only enter homes if customers are 100% well and have had no contact with the potential risk sites (provided by Healthy WA) or anyone who displays COVID-19 symptoms.
- Home Care Workers will use full Personal Protective Equipment if needed.
- Shopping and transport services continue with Southcarers and customers wearing masks and customers seated in the back seat of the car if possible.
- Home Care Coordinator visits will continue in line with Government guidelines.
- No cash payments will be accepted – online is the only option.
- Regular cleaning of the office continues.
- Safe physical distancing and appropriate personal hygiene continues.
- The Op Shop is temporarily closed and no donations will be accepted.
- Financial Counselling and Aboriginal Family Support will continue to provide services via online or phone services, by prior appointment.
- Emergency Relief is temporarily closed.
- Our office doors remain temporarily closed to all visitors. As we have done since news of COVID-19 first broke, we continue to audit our employees and volunteers whereabouts in relation to the potential risk sites as advised by the State Government.
Contact tracing continues at all Southcare premises with all mandatory sign in registers, Safe WA app and temperature checks in place at all of our office locations.
As always, I invite any questions from you regarding the way we do business and can be contacted on the details below.
Dr Nicky Howe
Chief Executive Officer
27 June 2021