I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas and a rested holiday break.
I wanted to clarify Southcare’s position with the current mask mandate surrounding the evolving community case of COVID-19.
Of course, we effected these changes when they were first announced on 23 December, even though most of our services were temporarily closed for the holiday period. With the extension announced to 6am Tuesday 4 January 2022 (pending ongoing health advice), the following confirms our position.
As always, all work is delivered in line with our COVID-19 Response Plan, ensuring the best way we can continue to protect and connect:
- Southcare in-home services will continue to be provided, including social outings and transport services in line with Government requirements
- All Southcarers have masks and will continue to use these when providing services, in public, in transit and in the office
- Most office-based staff will work from home
- Southcarers continue to screen all customers before entering homes and will only enter homes if customers are 100% well and have had no contact with the potential risk sites (provided by Healthy WA) or anyone who displays COVID-19 symptoms
- Home Care Workers will use full Personal Protective Equipment if needed
- Home Care Coordinator visits will be conducted in line with Government requirements
- No cash payments will be accepted – online is the only option
- No external events will be held at Southcare premises
- Regular cleaning of the office continues
- Safe physical distancing and appropriate personal hygiene continues
- All Community Services remain closed with Financial Counselling re-opening on 4 January and Emergency Relief and the Op Shop re-opening on 11 January as planned
- Our office doors remain temporarily closed to all visitors
- As we have done since news of COVID-19 first broke, we continue to audit our employees and volunteers whereabouts in relation to the potential risk sites as advised by the State Government.
Contact tracing continues at all Southcare premises with all mandatory sign in registers, Safe WA app and temperature checks in place at all of our office locations.
As always, I invite any questions from you regarding the way we do business and can be contacted on the details below.
Dr Nicky Howe (She, Her, Hers)
Chief Executive Officer
29 December 2021