With today’s welcome news that WA has had no further cases of community transmission and that WA will be embracing a “stepped down” approach to easing the current interim restrictions, I wanted to once again confirm Southcare’s position.
These changes take effect from 12.01am Tuesday 27 April 2021, and remain in place until 12.01am Saturday 1 May 2021, or until such time further announcements are made.
As part of this, the next phase of our COVID-19 Response Plan has been activated which means:
- Southcare in-home services will continue to be provided
- All Southcarers have masks and will be using these when providing services, in public, in transit and in the office
- Office-based staff will be largely be working from home and volunteer services are temporarily on hold
- Southcarers continue to screen all customers before entering homes and will only enter homes if customers are 100% well and have had no contact with the potential risk sites (provided by Healthy WA) or anyone who displays COVID-19 symptoms
- Home Care Workers will use full Personal Protective Equipment if needed
- Shopping and transport services continue with Southcarers and customers wearing masks and customers seated in the back seat of the car
- Home Care Coordinator visits will continue in line with Government guidelines
- No cash payments will be accepted – online is the only option
- Regular cleaning of the office continues
- Safe physical distancing and appropriate personal hygiene continues
- The Op Shop is temporarily closed and no donations will be accepted
- Emergency Relief is temporarily closed
- Financial Counselling and Aboriginal Family Support will continue to provide services via online or phone services, by prior appointment
- No external events will be held at Southcare premises
- Our office doors remain temporarily closed to all visitors
We continue to audit of our employees and volunteers whereabouts in relation to the potential risk sites as advised by the State Government. To date we are pleased to advise that no Southcarer has been to any of the site locations on the current list (as at 2.25pm on 26 April 2021).
Contact tracing continues at all Southcare premises with all mandatory sign in registers, Safe WA app and temperature checks in place at all of our office locations.
As always, I invite any questions from you regarding the way we do business and can be contacted on the details below.
Dr Nicky Howe
Chief Executive Officer
26 April 2021