Our Aboriginal family support service offers information, support, advocacy and referral services to Aboriginal families and single people living in Como, Karawara, Kensington, Manning, Salter Point, South Perth and Waterford.
- help you manage during difficult times in your life and work with you to identify and avoid crisis situations
- communicate with Government and community agencies on your behalf to protect the rights and needs of your family
- help you in times of hardship with basic necessities such as food and clothing
- assist you with housing issues and tenancies
- provide moral support so that you can achieve healthy living and educational goals
- give you information and refer you to specialised services to assist you further
- help you to strengthen your personal and family relationships and community connections
- link you to local South Perth Aboriginal Community group, Moorditj Keila, to participate in community events.
Some of the areas we assist with include:
|Food assistance||Housing Problems||Parenting and Relationships||Financial Counselling|
|Family Violence||Health||Legal||Some Household Goods and Furniture|
Our Family Support program is coordinated by Garry Gower. Garry was born and raised in Broome and is of Yawuru descent and Anglo-Eurasian heritage.