An open letter from Dr Nicky Howe, Chief Executive Officer
As I am sure you would agree, we welcome the news today that the current COVID-19 restrictions have been further eased around the wearing of masks and group gatherings.
You could almost say we are back to our “new normal” but as we have said previously, why be normal when you can be “extraordinary”!
The following confirms Southcare’s position from 12.01am on Saturday 8 May, until 12.01 Saturday 15 May.
As always, our COVID-19 Response Plan remains in place and what that means is:
- Southcare in-home services will continue to be provided
- All Southcarers have masks and will be using these if and when catching public transport or attending large scale events or venues with more than 1,000 people
- Home Care Workers will use full Personal Protective Equipment if needed
- Shopping and transport services will resume as normal
- Home Care Coordinator visits will continue
- Southcarers continue to screen all customers before entering homes and will only enter homes if customers are 100% well and have had no contact with the potential risk sites (provided by Healthy WA) or anyone who displays COVID-19 symptoms
- The Southcare office will re-open on Monday 10 May
- All staff, volunteers and visitors to the office must sign in using the Safe WA app and online form or paper register, as well as complete a temperature check and hand sanitise on arrival
- Office-based staff will continue to work from home as needed
- Financial Counselling and Aboriginal Family Support will resume with face-to-face visits
- Emergency Relief will resume on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday by appointment with face-to-face visits available
- The Op Shop will re-open on Tuesday 11 May and donations can once again be accepted
- Volunteer services will resume
- Cash payments are once again accepted
- Regular cleaning of the office continues
- Safe physical distancing and appropriate personal hygiene continues
Thank you for your continued support while we continue to deliver our essential service during these times. We know we are an extraordinary team doing extraordinary things for our customers and in the community, and look forward to continuing to be extraordinary!
As always, I invite any questions from you regarding the way we do business and can be contacted on the details below.
Dr Nicky Howe
Chief Executive Officer
6 May 2021