Home Care Worker Resource : No Response Process
No Response Process
The process below is for Home Care Workers encountering a no response scenario from a client.
All Home Care Workers and Volunteers must ensure that;
- You are at the service/visit during the specific allocated time (Not early)
- You have knocked loudly and have allowed enough time for the customer to get to the door
- Try calling the customer (contact number available on the visit information on Alayacare)
- If there is no reply, the Home Care Worker / volunteer should check the house windows to ascertain if the customer is home but is unable to get to the door. Please take note of the following:
- Is there a car in the carport?
- Are there any lights on in the house?
- Can you hear anything from inside the house?
- Are there any side windows you can look through to see if you can visualize the client?
If an employee/volunteer attends a customer’s home and does not get an answer after completing the steps above, the following steps should be taken:
- Stay at the client’s home while checking the windows for at least 15 minutes.
- Contact the No Response Line on 08 9436 3446
To read the full 7.18 No Response Policy and Procedure click here.
Created by: Arif Abdul Mushir
Created date: 1 June 2023