What Southcare is doing to manage COVID-19
With so much information being shared on Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to assure you that as your home care provider, we are doing everything we can to mitigate your risk and maximise your safety.
In today’s Southcare Snippet, Chief Executive Officer Dr Nicky Howe shares her thoughts on what the Southcarers are doing.
“At Southcare, our passion is to make a difference in the lives of the people we work with and for the wider community and that certainly continues during this time, albeit with a heightened sense of awareness of good general health,” Nicky said.
“My main advice is not to panic – I appreciate this may be an unsettling time for some, but rest assured we are managing and continually monitoring the evolving situation and have zero incidences of any suspected cases.”
Southcare is continuing to take advice from the Public Health Authority and Department of Health and while the risk of transmission in Australia remains low, we are taking additional proactive and vigilant steps including:
- regularly washing hands with soap and water as well as extra hygiene including using gloves, masks and self-supplied paper towels to dry hands when providing personal care as well as reducing social contact (i.e. handshake or embrace) when visiting
- immediately reporting any concerns for customers health, and prioritising those who show signs of cold or flu-like symptoms
- immediately notifying employees to monitor their personal health, undertake medical assessments and self-quarantine as required
- launching a communications plan with regular updates and signage placed in high traffic areas so that awareness and consideration of all Southcarers (and visitors to our offices) remains a priority
- surveying all staff, volunteers, contractors and customers regarding travel history and upcoming plans to ascertain any level of risk
- regular meetings amongst our Response Team in line with our Coronavirus Response Plan.
If you suspect you have Coronavirus symptoms (fever, dry cough and sore throat), or have been in contact with someone displaying these symptoms, contact the Coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080 and immediately seek advice from your doctor.
Please also notify us at Southcare on 9450 6233 so we can continue to manage your care.