What financial counselling does Southcare offer?
It’s now twice as easy to get free and confidential financial advice from Southcare. We have two dedicated financial counsellors ready to help you manage during difficult financial situations.
The service is free and confidential and available to anyone who needs help.
We provide our financial service in a caring and non-judgmental manner which is discreet and protective of your privacy. Our free financial counselling advice provides you and/or your family with assistance, information, options and support to explore and implement strategies to overcome your hardship.
Listen here or click the image below, to learn more about how this free service works as explained by the Financial Counselling Network.
How can a financial counsellor help?
Some of the ways we can assist include:
- Advocacy: If you are overwhelmed by your financial situation and are having difficulty communicating effectively with creditors, a financial counsellor can inform and uphold your rights with them on your behalf.
- Appeals: A financial counsellor can assist and support you with appealing decisions that you may not agree with in relation to Homeswest or Centrelink.
- Bankruptcy: A financial counsellor can assist in providing information and options on bankruptcy or alternatives.
- Bills: A financial counsellor can explore options with you and explain what you can do if you are unable to pay.
- Budgeting: If you are experiencing difficulties making ends meet,a financial counsellor can assist you to develop a budget and improve your financial literacy and management skills so that you can take control of your financial situation.
- Complaints: If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your age, sex, race, pregnancy, marital status, and impairment, religious or political conviction, a financial counsellor can assist and support you to lodge a complaint to the appropriate authorities.
- Debt recovery: If you have received a letter of demand, summons, warrant of execution or judgement summons, a financial counsellor can explain the debt recovery process and assist with exploring an appropriate course of action and options.
- Housing: If your bank or landlord is making your housing situation difficult, a financial counsellor can assist you with information in relation to home mortgages and explain your rights and responsibilities with Homeswest and private residential tenancy issues.
- Negotiations: If you are having financial problems with creditors in maintaining or arranging repayments on loans, mortgages, credit cards or other creditor accounts, a financial counsellor can assist by negotiating on your behalf with your creditors to reach a manageable and amicable repayment agreement.
- Referral: If you require a service that a financial counsellor is unable to provide, we can refer you to an appropriate service.
Please reach out if you need help. Call Southcare on 08 6117 3050.