What financial counselling does Southcare offer?
Southcare provides a free and confidential financial counselling service to help you manage during difficult financial situations. We provide our financial service in a caring and non-judgmental manner which is discrete and protective of your privacy. Our free financial counselling advice provides you and/or your family with assistance, information, options and support to explore and implement strategies to overcome your hardship.
How can a financial counsellor help?
Some of the ways we can assist include:
- Advocacy: If you are overwhelmed by your financial situation and are having difficulty communicating effectively with creditors, a financial counsellor can inform and uphold your rights with them on your behalf.
- Appeals: A financial counsellor can assist and support you with appealing decisions that you may not agree with in relation to Homeswest or Centrelink.
- Bankruptcy: A financial counsellor can assist in providing information and options on bankruptcy or alternatives.
- Bills: A financial counsellor can explore options with you and explain what you can do if you are unable to pay.
- Budgeting: If you are experiencing difficulties making ends meet,a financial counsellor can assist you to develop a budget and improve your financial literacy and management skills so that you can take control of your financial situation.
- Complaints: If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your age, sex, race, pregnancy, marital status, and impairment, religious or political conviction, a financial counsellor can assist and support you to lodge a complaint to the appropriate authorities.
- Debt recovery: If you have received a letter of demand, summons, warrant of execution or judgement summons, a financial counsellor can explain the debt recovery process and assist with exploring an appropriate course of action and options.
- Housing: If your bank or landlord is making your housing situation difficult, a financial counsellor can assist you with information in relation to home mortgages and explain your rights and responsibilities with Homeswest and private residential tenancy issues.
- Negotiations: If you are having financial problems with creditors in maintaining or arranging repayments on loans, mortgages, credit cards or other creditor accounts, a financial counsellor can assist by negotiating on your behalf with your creditors to reach a manageable and amicable repayment agreement.
- Referral: If you require a service that a financial counsellor is unable to provide, we can refer you to an appropriate service.
For more information Southcare can be contacted on 08 6117 3050