An open letter from Dr Nicky Howe, Chief Executive Officer
I always like to say “never stop learning” and hasn’t this week proven that!
One thing we know is that COVID-19 is certainly a moving feast! Luckily, Southcare is proactive in its responsiveness and flexible in its approach so that our essential service can be continued.
Following the State Government’s further easing of restrictions, I wanted to once again confirm Southcare’s position moving forward. These changes are in effect from 12.01am Saturday 1 May 2021 until 12.01am on Saturday 8 May, pending no other announcements.
As always, our COVID-19 Response Plan remains in place and what that means is:
Southcare in-home services will continue to be provided.
- All Southcarers have masks and will be using these when providing services, in public, in transit and in the office.
- Most office-based staff will continue to work from home and volunteer services are temporarily on hold.
- Southcarers continue to screen all customers before entering homes and will only enter homes if customers are 100% well and have had no contact with the potential risk sites (provided by Healthy WA) or anyone who displays COVID-19 symptoms.
- Home Care Workers will use full Personal Protective Equipment if needed.
- Shopping and transport services continue with Southcarers and customers wearing masks and customers seated in the back seat of the car.
- Home Care Coordinator visits will continue in line with Government guidelines.
- No cash payments will be accepted – online is the only option.
- Regular cleaning of the office continues.
- Safe physical distancing and appropriate personal hygiene continues.
- The Op Shop remains temporarily closed and no donations will be accepted.
- Financial Counselling and Aboriginal Family Support will continue to provide services via online or phone services, by prior appointment.
- Emergency Relief is re-opening and will be conducted in line with Government guidelines.
- Our office doors remain temporarily closed to all visitors.
Our planned Community Open Day for our Mankara development on 1 May will go ahead as planned and is fully COVID-19 compliant with:
- physical distancing observed
- face masks worn as needed
- contact tracing registers and Safe WA scanning in place
Our team will greet visitors with a friendly wave instead of a handshake, and there is plenty of space outdoors to enjoy a chat and morning tea.
We continue to audit our employees and volunteers, whereabouts in relation to the potential risk sites as advised by the State Government. I am delighted to confirm that 100% of Southcarers have completed 100% of the forms and 100% of us have not been in contact with any of the high-risk sites.
Contact tracing continues at all Southcare premises with all mandatory sign in registers, Safe WA app and temperature checks in place at all of our office locations.
As always, I invite any questions from you regarding the way we do business and can be contacted on the details below.
Dr Nicky Howe
Chief Executive Officer
30 April 2021