An open letter from Dr Nicky Howe
If you needed more proof that home is where the heart is, we certainly had that confirmed today with news of the lockdown being lifted and a transitional return also announced. It shows once again that rallying together in times of uncertainty is for the ultimate good of us all.
The following confirms Southcare’s position for the period 12.01am Saturday 3 July 2021 to 12.01am Tuesday 6 July (pending ongoing health advice).
As always, all work is delivered in line with our COVID-19 Response Plan, ensuring the best way we can continue to protect and connect:
- Southcare in-home services will continue to be provided
- Shopping services will continue to be delivered “by list” only
- All social outings continue to be postponed and provided in the home
- Transport services will be provided if unable to reschedule appointments
- All Southcarers have masks and will continue to use these when providing services, in public, in transit and in the office
- Most office-based staff will continue to work from home and volunteer services remain temporarily on hold
- Southcarers continue to screen all customers before entering homes and will only enter homes if customers are 100% well and have had no contact with the potential risk sites (provided by Healthy WA) or anyone who displays COVID-19 symptoms.
- Home Care Workers will use full Personal Protective Equipment if needed.
- Home Care Coordinator visits will be conducted by phone or online, unless there is an emergency and in home visit is required
- No cash payments will be accepted – online is the only option
- No external events will be held at Southcare premises
- Regular cleaning of the office continues
- Safe physical distancing and appropriate personal hygiene continues.
- The Op Shop remains temporarily closed and no donations will be accepted.
- Financial Counselling and Aboriginal Family Support will continue to provide services by appointment via online or phone
- Emergency Relief remains temporarily closed
- Our office doors remain temporarily closed to all visitors
- As we have done since news of COVID-19 first broke, we continue to audit our employees and volunteers whereabouts in relation to the potential risk sites as advised by the State Government.
Contact tracing continues at all Southcare premises with all mandatory sign in registers, Safe WA app and temperature checks in place at all of our office locations.
As always, I invite any questions from you regarding the way we do business and can be contacted on the details below.
Dr Nicky Howe
Chief Executive Officer
2 July 2021